7th NFFC, Fernie, BC
September 21-26, 2009.
Sat, Sept 19:
Competitors package (sign-in forms, laminated name tags, maps of the venues, official programme, goodie bags, local merchant's coupons, etc...) available for pick up at the official competition hotel/head-quarters. This will allow the tracking of which competitors and teams have arrived, and to co-ordinate an introduction between any competitors that arrive as individuals wishing form a team with other individuals.
Monday, Sept 21:
First official practice day (competition boats to be available at the lake for the official practice days. Competitors will alternate between venues and apply for a time-slot for the boats to allow equal access and to avoid conflicts. Controllers and judges are not required for practice sessions)
Tuesday, Sept 22:
Second official practice day (competitors will again alternate between venues and apply for a time-slot for the boats to allow equal access and to avoid conflicts)
Wednesday, Sept 23:
No fishing on competition waters. This day is typically used for team strategy meetings, fly tying and general preparation for competitors, volunteers and organizers.
- 12pm: Training for volunteers, controllers and sector judges (FFC representatives will be present to help with clarification and questions concerning the rules and procedures).
- 2pm: Captain's meeting for the drawing of groups and beats and to discuss the rules of this competition and any modifications to the rules.
- 5pm: Organizing Committee’s 'meet & greet' BBQ for competitors and volunteers, team photos, and opening ceremonies
Thursday, Sept 24:
First day of competition - sessions 1 and 2 (morning and afternoon sessions)
Friday, Sept 25:
Second day of competition - sessions 3 and 4 (morning and afternoon sessions)
Saturday, Sept 26:
Last day of competition - session 5 (morning session only).
- 3pm to 5pm: Conservation Symposium.
- 6pm: Closing banquet and awards ceremony and FFC auction.
Sunday, Sept 27:
Depart for home.